Growing Pak Choi Tasty Pagoda Purple Hybrid Cabbage Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: brassica rapa
- Other Names: Chinese Purple Cabbage
- Days to Maturity: 40 days
- Planting Depth: ½”
- Plant Spacing: 1-2”
- Row Spacing: 18-24”
- Growth Habit: upright
- Soil Preference: Well-drained, consistently moist, enriched soil
- Temp Preference: Cooler - Not Intended To Overwinter
- Light Preference: full sun
- Pests/diseases: Cabbage butterflies
- Color: Wine Purple
- Flavor: Mild, tender, somewhat sweet, crisp
This variety can be directly sown outdoors, and it does the best in full sun. Planting it in the cooler temperatures of late spring, after final frost has passed, through the early fall will bring out the peak quality of purple coloring in the pak choi. Mulching is essential to prevent bolting. This variety is suitable for planting indoors in containers if your climate does not get warm enough for it to thrive.
Pak Choi contains glucosinolates which is linked to a decreased risk of certain diseases. Abounding in Vitamin A, K, C, B6, B2, folate, calcium, manganese, potassium, iron, and fiber. Sauté or steam for a mere three minutes. Easy to grow, easy to eat. Freshness is maintained when stored in plastic bags and refrigerated for about a week.