Growing Organic Hulless Barley Sprouting Seeds
- Difficulty: Difficult
- Recommended Seeding: 1.5 tbsp per quart jar, sprouting tray, or sprout jar
- Initial Soak Time: 6-8 hours
- Rinse Frequency: 2-3 times per day
- Days to Harvest: 5-6 days
- Flavor: Sweeter than wheat sprouts but not as sweet as mung or garbanzo bean
- Nutrients: Protein, Fiber, Iron, Zinc, Magnesium, Phosphorus, and Vitamin B1, B2, B3
- Calories: About 250 calories per 1 cup serving
About Organic Hulless Barley Sprout Seeds
Using either a seed sprouting jar, sprouting tray, or hemp sprout bag, add about 1.5 tbsp organic hulless barley sprout seeds to your container and allow seeds an initial soaking for 6-8 hours. After initial soak, continue to rinse organic barley sprouting seeds 2-3x per day and immediately drain, not allowing water to sit and soak. Rinse seeds 2-3x per day for 5-6 days, keeping organic barley sprouts fresh, crunchy, and hydrated without waterlogging. Non-GMO organic hulless barley sprouts are quick to harvest in just 5-6 days, ready for fresh use with a flavor sweeter than wheat sprouts but not as sweet as mung or garbanzo bean. Barley sprouting seeds grow a protein-rich sprout fortified with Fiber, Iron, Zinc, Magnesium, Phosphorus, and Vitamin B1, B2, B3 and about 250 calories per cup.
More Than A Sprouting Seed
Hordeum vulgare, or more commonly known as barley grass, is one of the oldest and most produced grains in the world. First domesticated and grown alongside einkorn and emmer wheat nearly 10,000 years ago, barley has since become a popular grain for milling, soups, stews, and a fermenting grain for beer, malts, and distilled spirits. However, barley has also received recognition for its benefits as an essential winter cover crop. As a cover crop, hulless barley is a first-rate weed suppressant while also providing protection from wind and erosion. Once the winter is over, barley is then tilled back into the soil to provide organic nitrogen content for future crops.
For more about sprouting, check out our Seed Sprouting FAQ, from customers just like you!
Wholesale Non-GMO Organic Hulless Barley Sprouting Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Wholesale - Approximately 875 Seeds
- 4 oz - Wholesale - Approximately 3,500 Seeds
- 1 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 14,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 70,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 350,000 Seeds
Non-GMO organic hulless barley sprouting seeds are available for Fast Free Shipping on orders over $45.