Growing Utopia Bacopa Garden Seeds
- Taxonomy: Sutera cordata
- Other Names: Ornamental Bacopa, Common Bacopa
- Seed Type: Annual
- Sow Indoors or Outdoors: Utopia Bacopa flower seeds may be sown directly in the garden after the frost but, for earliest blooms, begin indoors 4 – 6 weeks prior and then transplant to a partially sunny place either indoors or out. Bacopa flower seeds will germinate in 7 – 14 days with full lighting.
- Days to Maturity: 56 – 63 days
- Hardiness Zone: 6 – 10
- Seed Planting Depth: Lightly press without covering 5 – 6 seeds in soil
- Plant Spacing: 12”
- Growth Habit: 6 – 8” tall trailing shrub with a 12 – 18” spread of countless ½” daisy-like blooms
- Soil Preference: Loamy, medium moist, well-drained
- Light Preference: Full sun – Partial Shade
- Diseases/Pests/Troubleshooting: Utopia Bacopa seeds are quick to mature with no serious pests or diseases. Bacopa flowers tolerate some poor soils, but are not drought tolerant. Plants will benefit from shade in excessively hot summers and do not need deadheading late in the season.
- Flower Colors: A signature selection of Bluetopia (Lavender-Blue) and Snowtopia (White)
Sutera cordata, or more commonly known as Bacopa, is a flower native to various cool and coastal regions of western and southern Africa. Although native to Africa, bacopa requires temperate coastal climates.
Choose Snowtopia or Bluetopia color options. Flower Garden Seeds.