Amaranth Seeds - Certified Organic Sprouting Seeds
- Presoak: N/A
- Sprouts Difficulty: Moderate
- Days to Maturity: 2-4 Days
- Suitable Sprout Method: Tray, Sack, or Jar
- Flavor: Fresh and slightly sweet
- Popular Uses: Sprouts, Soups, Sandwiches, and Salads
- Nutrients: Vitamins B, C, and K, folic acid, and fiber
Amaranth seeds were a staple food source for the Aztecs & Incas and are used as a cereal grain today in South America & Africa . Amaranth seeds and sprouts are an excellent source of protein, fiber and essential amino acids.
When toasted, Amaranth seeds pop like popcorn. Amaranth grain can be ground into flour and used in breads, noodles, and generally as a flour substitute. Of course, when sprouted, Amaranth sprouts are a delicious addition to salads and sandwiches.
Amaranth seeds can also be cooked as a grain and replace grains like rice in your favorite dishes. Amaranth is also popular as a breakfast porridge.
When sprouting Amaranth, be sure not to soak seed for longer than 30 minutes and drain thoroughly. Amaranth retains moisture well and may only need to be rinsed and drained once a day. Watch closely. Organic Amaranth sprouts seeds.
Read more about Amaranth: