Gardening and Plant Growing Topics
Please Choose a topic below to write about:
1. Write a species profile (including information on history, origins, nutrients, and growing instructions) from the following list:
- Bush Beans
- Pole Beans
- Summer Squash
- Winter Squash
- Broccoli - Cabbage
2. Tell us about soil--For example, what is PH? Why should one be knowledgeable about the PH level of the soil? How does the composition of the soil contribute to how well the plant grows, etc.?
3. Tell us about Hydroponics and indoor gardening methods--what kinds of plants are best suited? Proper lighting techniques? Containers? watering system?
4. Pesticide alternatives--tell us, in detail, other methods of keeping pests away and why it works. Teach about why it is the best method.
5. Discuss Heirloom varieties versus Hybrid varieties--what is a hybrid exactly? Tell us the difference and how a hybrid comes into being.
6. Focus on urban gardening techniques
Gardening Video Tutorial Topics
Please Choose a topic below to make a video about:
1. Demonstrate how to harvest seeds--pick a couple of species of vegetables and flowers and demonstrate how to harvest seeds from each plant.
2. Demonstrate how to start a basic vegetable and flower either outdoors or indoors--we are looking for you to focus on the initial stages of germination and when the plant begins to take root.
3. Tell us about rotating crops--which ones need to be rotated? and how often? What shouldn't you plant near one another or after one another?
4. Provide a tutorial on trimming back both vegetable and flowers and why it might be beneficial to do so.
5. Demonstrate the best way to transplant starts from containers to the ground
6. Gardening setup: square foot gardening--show us the best way, according to you, to setup your home garden.