Hydroponic Microgreens Starter Kit
The perfect way to get started growing microgreens. This microgreens kit includes everything you need to get started. You will be harvesting your own delicious and nutritious microgreens in ten days. Your family and friends will enjoy this colorful, healthy and delicious new live food alternative.
This kit is a hydroponic kit, which is soil free and minimal mess. Microgreens can be grown on any kitchen counter top, indoors or out. While the seeds in this kit can be grown in soil, we prefer the hydroponic approach for its clean and reliable results. There are some seeds that should only be grown in soil. See our soil based microgreens kit for those. Our deluxe microgreens kit includes both soil based, and hydroponic seeds and supplies.
Each Hydroponic Microgreens Kit Includes:
- 6 - 21”x10” Growing Trays – These re-usable trays double as both growing tray and black-out dome. Our hydroponic approach doesn’t require drain holes in the trays, so no water concerns for counter top gardening. Enough trays to run 3 crops at once. You can easily section your trays and run multiple varieties at once.
- 9 – 21”x10” Hydroponic Grow Pads – These Biostrate pads fit perfectly in the growing trays and are the best way we have found to grow microgreens. Enough to grow 9 trays worth of microgreens. Extra grow pads are available.
- pH Test Strip Kit – Microgreens are sensitive to the pH of your water. This pH Testing Kit will easily walk you through the process of testing the pH of your water, and adjusting it (if necessary) using household vinegar or baking soda.
- Spray Bottle – For the first 4 days, your germinating microgreens should be misted. This spray bottle is the perfect tool.
- Assortment of Microgreens Seeds – Enough microgreens seeds in reseal bags for 12 to 18 plantings!
- Basic Salad Mix – 8 Oz. (two 4 Oz. Bags) – The perfect blend of microgreens seeds: Broccoli, Kale, Purple Vienna Kohlrabi, Arugula, Red Acre Cabbage & Cauliflower.
- Spicy Sprouting Mix – 4 Oz. Bag – Same as the basic salad mix, but with some added southern giant mustard for additional color and spice.
- Sango Radish – 4 Oz. Bag – Sharp tasting and a stunning, deep purple in color. A great addition to any microgreen salad. Add to traditional salads instead of sliced radish for an exciting change.
- Red Acre Cabbage – 4 Oz. Bag – One of our favorites. Great tasting, colorful and easy to grow.
- Purple Vienna Kohlrabi - Another favorite for its color, taste and reliability.
- Growing Instructions – Comprehensive, step-by-step growing instructions. Don’t have a green thumb? Don’t worry!
Note: some seed substitutions may apply based on seasonal availability