Dehydrated Yellowfoot Mushrooms
- Dried yellow foot mushrooms
- 1 or 4 oz. package
- 1 Oz. dried yeilds approximately 12 Oz. reconstitued mushrooms
- Shelf life of many years in dehydrated - great for food storage
- All natural: no pesticides or other chemicals
- Gluten Free
- Cultivated & Harvested Wild
- Harvested in the USA
The Yellowfoot Mushroom (Cantharellus lutescens
) gets its name not from their brownish yellow cap, but from the base or stem of the mushroom that as it matures, becomes a yellow-orange color. These mushrooms are great for stews, soups and even sautèeing. Also called "winter mushrooms" or "funnel chanterelle mushrooms", they are often used as a flavor compliment to bacon, chicken and beef.
To Reconstitute Yellowfoot Mushrooms: Thoroughly rinse and soak 8 ounces of liquid per 1 ounce mushrooms for 20 minutes. Rinse, strain and dry thoroughly before use or storge. Store dry in a sealed container in the refridgerator.
More information: Wikipedia-Yellowfoot-Mushroom