Dehydrated Wood Ear Mushrooms
- Dried Wood Ear Mushrooms
- 1 Oz. dried wood ear mushrooms yeilds approximately 12 Oz. reconstitued
- Available in 1 Oz. or 4 Oz. amounts
- Stores for years in dried state
- All natural
- Chemical & pesticide free
- Gluten Free
- Wild cultivated and harvested
- Harvested in the USA
The Wood Ear Mushroom (Auricularia Polytricha
) also called tree ear or cloud ear mushroom, has a different texture than other mushrooms, being chewy even crunchy after cooking. Often roasted, baked or satèed this mushroom has a very light almost absent earthy taste. Wood ear mushrooms are very popular in asian stir fry dishes, and are popular much more for their texture and consistency than flavor. The Wood Ear mushroom is believed to have anticoagulant properties, and may even promote lower cholesterol.*
To Reconstitute Wood Ear Mushrooms: Thoroughly rinse then soak 8 ounces of liquid per 1 ounce mushrooms for 20 minutes. Strain and store reconstituted mushrooms, keep in an air-tight container in a dry container in the fridge.
More information: Wikipedia-Wood-Ear
* These statements have not been reviewed by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not meant to cure, treat or prevent any illness.