Dehydrated Whole Shiitake Mushrooms
- Whole, Dried Shiitake Mushroom Caps
- Available in 1 Oz. or 4 Oz. sizes
- One Oz. dry = Twelve Oz. reconstitued
- Many years of shelf life
- Great for food storage
- All Natural & Gluten free
- Cultivated and harvested in the wild
- Chemical and pesticide free
- Harvested in the USA
The Shiitake Mushroom (Lentinula edodes
) is used heavily in East Asia and China. Soups, stews, stir-fried, grilled, or baked the Shiitake is very versatile and highly sought. It is one of the most popular culinary gourmet mushrooms in the world. Also known as the black forest mushroom, many people perfer drying and re-constituting shiitake mushrooms as opposed to using fresh. Many claim that the drying process enhances the umami flavor of the shiitake. These whole mushrooms have the stems trimmed, as most people discard the stems of the shiitake in cooking, as they tend to be tough. It is believed that Shiitake mushrooms support the immune system, act as an anti-virla and anti-bacterial agent, and even displays anti-carcinogenic properties.*
To Reconstitute: Thoroughly rinse the shiitake mushrooms. Take rinsed mushrooms and soak 8 ounces of liquid per 1 ounce for 20 minutes. Alternatively, mushrooms may also be soaked in milk in the fridge overnight. Strain mushrooms from liquid using a strainer, colander or other filter, and keep liquid for future recipes. To store reconstituted shiitakes, keep in an air-tight container in a dry, cool place.
More information: Wikipedia-Shiitake-Mushrooms
* These statements have not been reviewed by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not meant to cure, treat or prevent any illness.