Dehydrated Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms
- Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms (Lentinula edodes)
- 1 Oz. or 4 Oz. sizes
- 1 Oz. dry yeilds about 12 Oz. reconstitued
- Years long shelf life dried
- Gluten free
- All natural
- Wild Cultivated
- No chemicals or pesticides
- Harvested in the USA
The Shiitake Mushroom (Lentinula edodes
) is very popular in China and East Asia. Sautèed in many oriental dishes and soups, the Shiitake is well known as being one of the most versatile and highly prized edible mushroms on earth. Health benefits are believed to include: support of the immune system, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-carcinogenic properties.*
Shiitake's are also called Chinese black mushrooms, golden oak mushrooms and black forest mushrooms. Many people prefer dried, reconstituted shiitakes to fresh because the drying process enhances the shiitake flavor.
To Reconstitute: Rinse and soak in water for 20 minutes or more. Use 8 or more ounces of water per ounce of mushrooms. Rinse, strain and use. To store place in a dry sealed container in the refrigerator.
More information: Wikipedia-Shiitake-Mushrooms
* These statements have not been reviewed by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not meant to cure, treat or prevent any illness.