Dehydrated Oyster Mushrooms
- Dried Oyster Mushrooms (Pleurotus ostreatus)
- 1 Oz. dried yields approximately 12 Oz. when reconstituted
- 1 Oz. or 4 Oz. sizes
- Years long shelf life
- All natural mushrooms - Wild cultivated
- Domestically grown, harvested and dried
- No chemicals or pesticides
- Gluten Free & Non-GMO
- Country of Origin: Imported
The Oyster Mushroom (Pleurotus ostreatus) is a gourmet gilled mushroom that carries a light mild taste with a delicate texture. It is a popular delicacy Japan, Korea, and China. The oyster mushroom makes an excellent addition to soups, sauces, and stir-frys, and are among the most popular edible mushrooms in the world. Early studies have even pointed to Oyster mushrooms helping with the lowering of cholesterol.*
Reconstituting Dried Oyster Mushrooms: Rinse the mushrooms thoroughly in a colander and soak in 8 oz of water per 1 oz dried mushrooms. Most mushrooms will reconstitute full in about 20 minutes. Some folks like to reconstitute in milk. Soak overnight in the refrigerator. Once reconstituted, strain, rinse and use. Reconstituted mushrooms should be stored in a sealed, dry container in the refrigerator.
More information: Wikipedia-Oyster-Mushroom
* These statements have not been reviewed by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not meant to cure, treat or prevent any illness.