Dehydrated Domestic Porcini Mushrooms
- 1 Oz. dried mushrooms yeilds approximately 12 Oz. reconstitued
- Available in 1 Oz. or 4 Oz. quantity
- Dehydrated mushrooms have a shelf life of many years
- All natural - Wild cultivated
- Domestically grown in Oregon & California
- No chemicals or pesticides
- Gluten Free & Non-GMO
- Harvested in the USA
The Porcini Mushroom (Boletus edulis
) has always been a highly favored mushroom due to its versatility in cooking. Often used in pastas, soups, risottos, and much more, the porcini mushroom is usually dried first to intensify the flavor. The Porcini mushroom is also believed to carry strong antioxidant properties with additional findings of being anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, and anti-microbial.* It is also know for being a mushroom that is simultaneously high in protein and dietary fiber, a rare combo. Porcini mushrooms are also called, penny bun, porcino and cep mushrooms.
Reconstituting Porcini Mushrooms: Thoroughly rise the mushrooms and soak in cold water for 20 minutes or more. Rinse in a strainer or colander. Alternately you can soak overnight in milk in the refridgerator.
More information: Wikipedia-Porcini-Mushroom
* These statements have not been reviewed by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not meant to cure, treat or prevent any illness.