Celery - Utah 52-70 - Microgreens Seeds
- Latin Name: Apium graveolens
- Presoak: No Soak
Preferred Growing Medium: Hydroponic (for microgreens) Soil (for baby salad greens)
- Seeding Rate (weight per 10"x 20" tray): 0.75 oz.
Blackout Time: up to 14 days
Germination Time: up to 14 days
- Estimated time to Harvest: 21-28 days (take small taste tests to determine when to harvest)
- Microgreen Color: bright green stems and leaves
- Microgreen Flavor: sharp, celery taste
- Microgreen Texture: soft
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, B, C, and E, dietary fiber, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, chlorophyll, amino acids, and antioxidants
Celery seed is a very slow germinating and growing seed. Be patient with it! It is more difficult to grow and is not recommended for beginners. Use less water in the tray initially (1.5 cups instead of 2). You will need to mist the celery seeds twice a day to keep them damp. Stay persistent as these tiny little fellas aren't in a hurry.
***Note: Although we have indicated the specific medium that this particular seed prefers, you can still experiment with either soil or hydroponic mediums. Results may vary.
Seeds per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 70,000 seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 280,000 seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 1,120,000 seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 5,600,000 seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 28,000,000 seeds