Arugula - Slow Bolt - Microgreens Seeds
- Latin Name: Eruca sativa
- Presoak: No Soak
Preferred Growing Medium: Soil or Hydroponic
- Seeding Rate (weight per 10"x 20" tray): 1 oz.
Blackout Time: 1-2 days
Germination Time: 1-2 days
- Estimated time to Harvest: 6-8 days
- Microgreen Color: deep green stem and leaves
- Microgreen Flavor: strong peppery flavor, slightly buttery and cabbage-like
- Microgreen Texture: crisp and fresh
- Nutrients: Vitamins A and C, calcium, iron, and phosphorus
Moisten soil, tamp, and spread the arugula seeds evenly over the growth surface. Cover for 1-2 days. Uncover and place under direct light, or place in an area with sufficient indirect light. Just be sure to rotate your microgreens crop to prevent your greens from bending toward the light and becoming leggy. Harvest when the look and the flavor is to your liking. So, begin sampling the greens when the first set of leaves form to determine when to cut!
Arugula microgreens are wonderful for helping keep bones healthy and strong. The same amount of calcium is contained in arugula microgreens as is found in spinach. A benefit of the arugula microgreens is that it has a much lower amount of oxalates compared to spinach, which prevent full calcium absorption.
Seeds per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 14,200 seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 56,800 seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 227,200 seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 1,136,000 seeds
- 25 lb - Approximately 5,680,000 seeds