Growing Sweet Yellow Popcorn Shoots
- Presoak: 12 to 16 hours (cold water)
- Suitable Growth Medium: Soil (preferred) or Hydroponic
- Germ time: 2-3 Days
- Harvest time: 12-16 Days
- Color:A bright yellow that turns to a light green
- Flavor: A sugary sweet flavor
- Texture: Fresh and crunchy
- Nutrients: Vitamins A, B, C, and E, calcium, chlorophyll, and magnesium
Sweet corn microgreen shoots are easy to grow and will grow well on soil or a hydroponic grow mat, but we prefer soil for this amazing micro. There are a few key differences in growing technique on this micro from most other micros you have grown. With corn shoots you must harvest at around 6 days. If grown longer than that they begin to develop their leaves which are very fibrous and not good to eat. Also, keep your shoots in the dark for the entire six days right up to harvest time. Exposure to light will cause them to develop leaves or fibers which you don't want.
Corn shoots are incredibly sweet and make a great garnish for salads or other dish where you want a sweet flavor. The flavor is so intensely sweet it has to be experienced to be understood.