Growing Hybrid Gypsy Sweet Pepper Vegetable Garden Seeds
- Latin Name: Capsicum annuum
- Other Names: Gypsy, Cubanelle
- Days to Maturity: 62 days
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Planting Depth: 1/2”
- Plant Spacing: 18-24”
- Row Spacing: ’
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: Moist, well-draining
- Temp Preference: 75℉
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/diseases: Aphids, cut worms
- Color: Green, yellow, orange, red
- Flavor: Sweet
Hybrid Gypsy Sweet Pepper Growth Habits:
Peppers do best when they are started indoors and then transplant the seedlings after temperatures outside are consistently warm. Peppers do need support as they grow because they can become top-heavy, so staking may be required. If peppers are left on the plant, they will eventually turn red, but they can be harvested at any stage.
Various Uses for Hybrid Gypsy Sweet Pepper:
These are the perfect peppers for snacking and cooking. You can pick them at various stages and use them for cooking. As green peppers, you can use them as the traditional “holy trinity” in Cajun cooking. Let them mature to red, and you can stuff them and throw them on the grill for a delicious treat.
Hybrid Gypsy Sweet Pepper Benefits:
Include Gypsy peppers in your diet for all of its nutritional benefits. It has an excellent amount of nutrients in it. These include: viktamin K, potassium, copper, manganese, folate, vitamin A, and vitamin C.
Hybrid Gypsy Sweet Peppers are recommended by USU and are an AAS Winner.
Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 6,800 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 27,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 108,000 Seeds
- 5 lb - Approximately 544,000 Seeds