Organic Slow Bolt Arugula Vegetable Herb Garden Seeds
- Slow Bolt Arugula Latin Name: Eruca vesicaria sativa
- Slow Bolt Arugula Days to Maturity: 40-45
- Slow Bolt Arugula Seeding Depth: 1/4"
- Slow Bolt Arugula Plant Spacing: 6-12"
- Slow Bolt Arugula Habit: Weedy and quickly spreading mound similar to dandelion or mustard
- Slow Bolt Arugula Soil: Organic, fertilized, consistently moist, well-drained
- Slow Bolt Arugula Grow Temp: Cooler, 45-65°F
- Slow Bolt Arugula Sun: Full sun in cooler climates, partial shade in warm summers
- Slow Bolt Arugula Color: Classic leafy salad greens
- Slow Bolt Arugula Flavor: Bright and peppery similar to mustard to radish "baby greens". Smaller 2-3" leaves will be sweeter and more tender that larger, more coarse greens.
About Organic Slow Bolt Arugula Garden Seeds
Eruca vesicaria sativa. Organic. Heirloom. Open-pollinated. Organic Slow Bolt arugula seeds are perfectly suited for gardeners in regions with shorter springs and hotter summers still wanting to try a cool weather classic out in the garden. Often referred to by a variety of names across Europe such as “garden rocket” and “rucola”, culinary arugula is a Mediterranean staple that is grown, harvested, and prepared very similarly to headless lettuce. Organic non-GMO arugula seeds are a bright and peppery addition to leafy Mesclun salad mixes along with oakleaf lettuce, red chard, tatsoi, and frisée. Organic Slow Bolt arugula helps keep the plant from bolting to seed in midsummer heat, causing the arugula greens to become bitter, coarse, and discolored.
Similar to the vigorously spreading dandelion (culinary and garden), organic Slow Bolt arugula produces a very similar weedy habit that, when fully mature, is able to overwinter in the garden, even under a couple inches of snow! Arugula seeds are most popularly grown as an annual “cut and come again” crop just like any number of leafy greens including lettuce, collard, kale, spinach, and much more. Widely known as “baby arugula” when harvested at a tender 2-3” long, organic arugula naturally will want to spread tall and wide before bolting to seed, becoming bitter and fibrous once the plant exceeds 12” in every direction. Harvest regularly to encourage leafy growth while still helping to prune it from growing too large and inedible. Organic non-GMO Slow Bolt arugula seeds are ideal for successive summer plantings, able to be sown every 2-3 weeks throughout the year with minimal shade to keep from bolting to seed.
Organic Slow Bolt Arugula Benefits
Like so many other garden favorites, organic Slow Bolt arugula is rife with all the same vitamins and minerals that you’ve come to expect from leafy greens. High in calcium, potassium, phosphorus, and magnesium, and boasting more than 90% water content and just 25 calories per 100g serving. As a nutritious low-calorie garden favorite, organic arugula is most commonly treated as a leafy lettuce green, while also popularly dried and crushed into a peppery spice powder. Unlike some herbaceous perennial herbs that have a long and extensive history of medicinal and cultural significance, arugula has earned its stripes throughout the millennia as being a reliably fast leafy vegetable harvest.
Wholesale Organic Non-GMO Slow Bolt Arugula Herb Seeds Per Package:
- 3 g - Packet - Approximately 1,500 Seeds
- 1 oz - Wholesale - Approximately 14,200 Seeds
- 4 oz - Wholesale - Approximately 56,800 Seeds
- 1 lb - Wholesale - Approximately 227,200 Seeds
- 5 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 1,136,000 Seeds
- 25 lb - Bulk Seeds - Approximately 5,680,000 Seeds
Organic Non-GMO Slow Bolt arugula vegetable herb seeds are available for Fast Free Shipping on orders over $45.