by Rachel Deddens, VA
- 1 bag freeze-dried soy meal
- 1 organic whole green pepper (chopped)
- 1 organic medium onion (chopped)
- 3 cups organic fresh Shitake mushrooms (chopped)
- 6 cans total, combination of organic dark red kidney beans, black beans, cannelloni, or garbanzo beans.
- 2 cans organic stewed tomatoes
- 2 bottles of home brew beer- light on the hops (check your local grocer)
- Seasoning to taste: chopped jalapenos, chili powder, cumin, sea salt, cracked black pepper, Virginia Gentleman hot sauce
Put all ingredients into a large pot and bring to a simmer- continue to simmer for about 4 hours. Serve with topping choices: fresh chopped jalapenos and spring onions, shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese, hot and mild chow chow, Virginia Gentleman hot sauce, oyster crackers and a selection of your favorite breads.