Who doesn't like a good home cooked meal? This Saucy Beef with Broccoli is sure to impress you friends and family as it becomes a quick favorite. As this is a stir-fry dish you can rest assured it will be a quick one to prepare. Don't worry about slaving over the stove all day with this kid friendly recipe.
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- ½ cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- ¼ cup sherry or additional beef broth
- 2 Tbs reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger root
- 2 tsp canola oil, divided
- ½ lb beef top sirloin steak, cut into ¼-inch-thick strips
- 2 cups fresh small broccoli florets
- 8 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Mix the first 7 ingredients. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tsp oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry beef until browned, 1-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Stir-fry broccoli in remaining oil until crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes. Add green onions; cook just until tender, 1-2 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to boil; cook and stir until sauce is thickened, 2-3 minutes. Add beef and heat through.